Thursday, July 29, 2010

An Ode to my First Trimester

The last 12 weeks have been
Pretty rough.
I shouldn't complain, though
'Cause I volunteered for this stuff.

The headaches, the leg aches,
And feeling so gaggy.
And joy of all joys
My boobs are even more saggy.

If I think of pizza, spaghetti,
Or anything with tomato sauce
All of my cookies
I am sure to toss.

The worst day for sure, though
Was when I chucked on 380.
How many of you can say you've
puked in your lunch box lately?

For me it will be a fall without
Iowa Football Tailgating.
So it looks like my friends
Will be designating...   (me...   to drive...) 

But as these 12 weeks
Draw to a close
There something I hope
Everyone knows.

Through all of the complaining
Whining and crying
There is absolutely, positively
No denying.

Though it hasn't been sunshine
and unicorns and rainbows
I'm so happy I'm getting
Too big for my clothes.

I can't wait until February
And little Baby Ack
But I have to stop now
Because I think I'm going to yack. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! And I love you! Love love love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said my prayer for you today....

    I thought of you complaining about the amazing thing going on in your life.....and thought, let her complain, let her tell people the random acts of throw-upness, and all the aches and pains....just let you go...let you do it....because in the end, we will all have this itty bitty baby to love all over and you, well, lets be honest....will be pushed aside! This IS your time to shine and get all the attention in ANY way that you can.....Love your face! Pray for you guys everyday.....:)

    ReplyDelete